Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Autumn

Somehow we have held on to autumn a lot longer than last year here in the southern end of Sweden. I am still able to run outside some mornings without freezing which is fabulous because Uppsala has so many parks (parken), woods (skogs), and nature reserves (naturreservat). At the beginning of fall I would run through the city woods, over ski tracks or horse paths or walking paths through a neighborhood and out to some housing areas dotted with farms. Now I am running in the woods near my 1st year's housing which has a little water fall and a few farms also. I love how quickly you can be in nature in Uppsala even though it's Sweden's 4th largest city. The regional buses come into the city from quite rural parts all around the county. It is an impressive public transport network. 

I am not at all hoping for winter to come faster - the extended autumn has been fabulous! - but I am already eyeing the cross-country ski (skidor) trails close to my current apartment and thinking of downloading the iPhone app map. 

No comments:

Post a Comment